Saturday, July 21, 2007

Bump!

It’s been a week since I last posted and a lot has happened since. I went to watch that Emraan Hashmi's "Awarapan" movie at the Cineplex with my friends. Though I havent watched a Bollywood movie in almost 3-4 years now (i hate 'em); I wasnt disappointed with this one and had a decent time but i'll get to that later. I should probably tell you about how I was involved in a car accident (my first actually). It happened last wednesday at the traffic signal near Boat Basin, Clifton. I was heading towards Agha’s supermarket with my mom. Approaching the traffic signal (I remember I was at 80km/h) I reached for the brakes but for some apparent reason they refused to work at that moment! Frankly I didn’t really panic (atleast not that much!), I just squinted my eyes and expected the worst. The car not wanting to slow down hit another car from behind completely wrecking its rear-bumpers. The funny thing about this whole incident is that the estimated cost of the damage of the other car was 3000/= but somehow my car survived it all! I had to go to the mechanic to fix my car’s bonnet and it only cost my 50 bucks! Pretty lucky..eh? Well anyway, the driver of that car was unusually calm and cooperative during this ordeal which is rare to see when accidents happen here in Karachi. I explained to him how the ‘brakes’ failed and gave him my phone number. In a few days I’ll pay the damages but I really wonder now, why do people lose their patience so easily. I have seen countless times people quarrelling, fighting and resorting to violence when the whole situation could be handled peacefully. Even my mom who has a habit of getting anxious over trivial matters didn’t get too worried and we went to that supermarket as if nothing had happened.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey man, I’m still having a laugh after reading this one. But really, I am surprised about that person whose car was hit damaging its rear bumpers and still he was calm & cooperative, I’m telling you this rarely happens at Karachi. Consider yourself lucky that day, that driver didn’t do n e thing except for saving number in his mobile, lolls, the real scene might’ve had happened if Police men (Pendo) would’ve been around.

Anyways, it happens, one can’t learn driving so easily... even the best of drivers can do accidents, I know that you must have learned a bit or two from this accident.

My advice, drive safely. You are my love (n..phew) ok

So you haven’t watched Bollywood movies for about 3-4 years, ok. Awarapan must be a good film, I haven’t watched it coz there isn’t any Cinema house here. I’ll make you watch another movie which I haven’t watched either, its Shoout Out at Lokhandwala, all Bollywood movies are not boring and senseless.

Hope to see u soon… keep writing, bye

Anonymous said...

Well said.

* Visits Since July'07 *
Online Dating